Business and Management in the field of study that looks into organizing, analyzing, and planning various types of business operations. Additionally, courses in Business and Management deals with the understanding of the basic fundamental skills that are required to run and maintain businesses. Business and Management courses focus on providing an in-depth understanding of the establishment of organizations and enterprises, sales and marketing, finance and administration responsibilities as well as management of resources and capital.
Learning Business and Management allows for a varied and diverse career. It is an interdisciplinary subject that almost all sectors rely on. The skills gained via a degree or diploma in Business and Management are extremely transferable and flexible, thus making it easy for students to specialize in areas they have the potential to excel in.
Some of the common modules followed by all Business and Management courses include Principles of Management, Business Economics, and Law, Sociology, Marketing, and Project Management. Additionally, courses in Business and Management are among the most popular choices of learning for students all across the globe. This is due to the diverse and broad nature of this particular field of study. Students go on to specialize in specific areas of study like Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, and Management. An in-depth understanding of principles and concepts such as Business Model, Intelligence and Timeline as well as Risk Analysis, Systems Engineering are what Business and Management courses offer prospective students.
Is Business and Managemen the Right Fit For You?
Individuals who have strong analytical abilities along with a knack for problem-solving, managing, and taking up leadership positions should look into Business and Management courses. Besides, if you see yourself as a CEO or working for a Fortune 500 Company, studying Business and Management is the way to go. Moreover, those who are interested in global businesses, analyzing the stock market, or even making strategic plans would be ideal candidates to pursue a degree in Business and Management.
Skills You Will Be Learning
- Management skills including critical and strategic thinking, communication and problem-solving
- Understanding of advertising and marketing techniques
- Human Resource Management
- Numeracy and the ability to research, interpret and use business and financial data
- Ability to manage time, projects, and resources
Your Undergraduate Course of Choice
Courses in Business and Management are open to students from all fields of study. More importantly, Business and Management Courses can be pursued at undergraduate (BBA/BMS), postgraduate (MBA/PGDM), and doctoral (FPM) levels. Some of the courses offered at the Undergraduate level include
- BBA in International Business
- Bachelors in Business Management
- BBA in Foreign Trade
Graduation and Beyond
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Management
- Master of Science in Business Analytics
- Ph.D. in Business and Management
- Ph.D. in International Business Management
- Ph.D. in Company Management and Economics
- Diploma in Global Business Management
- PG Diploma in Strategic Business Management
- Diploma in Business Administration
Becoming a Specialist
Business and Management courses include advanced specialization subjects such as
|Hospitality Management||Sales Management|
|Information Systems Management||Supply Chain Management|
|International Business||Tourism and Hospitality|
|Nonprofit Management||Foreign Trade|
Jobs To Work Towards
The possible career options after studying Business and Management are plenty. Some of them are
- Management Trainee
- Sales Representative
- Assistant Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Risk Manager
Moreover, apart from businesses and corporates, graduates of Business and Management are employed by Non-profit Organisations and Government Bodies in the fields of Banking and Finance, IT, Consultancy, and Marketing.
According to PayScale, the average salary for a Business Manager in Kenya is KSh 1,320,000.
Universities and Schools in Kenya Offering Courses in Business and Management
- Strathmore Business School
- University of Nairobi
- United States International University Africa -Chandaria School of Business
- Catholic University of Eastern Africa School of Business
- Moi University -School of Business and Economics
- Mount Kenya University -School of Business and Economics
- Kenya Institute of Management
- KCA University
- Kenya Institute of Supplies Management
- Africa Nazarene University
Leading Job Platforms in Kenya
Companies and Organisations that Commonly Hire Graduates of Business and Management
- Ernst & Young
- KPMG East Africa Limited
- Mckinsey & Company Inc
- Parlmont Enterprises
- Mauve Group
- Adpro Consult Group
- National Bank of Kenya
- Institute of Human Resource Management
Take a look at the Top 5 business skills to have for a successful career.
Use the Educartis portal to find the courses you can study that will put you ahead of the pack.
Have some questions? Send us an email at [email protected]